Friday, January 22, 2010

Super Power


I don't know about other women, but one thing motherhood has really done for me is opened my eyes on how strong God made women. I think about this today as I have one of my migraines. As most of you know when a stay at home mom is sick she cannot just call off work. Oh no, her job has to be done no matter what. And at those times when I feel like I just can't get the job done I get this inner strength to press on. The type of strength that I know comes from God given to women to do their job as a mother. Just like the strength he has given our men to work long hard hours and still manage to get up and do it all over again (of course I am not saying women cannot do this). But, before Madi I didn't know of this strength at all. I mean I would push myself to do certain things but not to the point I do in the long hours of raising her. To this day I have NEVER fallen asleep before her. I make sure she is asleep, safe and sound before I shut my eyes.
And of course it can be stressful and it takes a toll on you mentally, physically and emotionally but you always manage to get what needs to be done...done. However, it is such a wonderful gift that God has given us as women. We are nurturing, loving, gentle and can even crack the whip and give "the look" when need be!

Like my gynecologist says "God made you women to give birth because us men are wimps!"
Gotta Love that man!
Psalm 113:9
He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the LORD.

8 comments:

Happy said...

Love the new look and title over here! Awesome!

You look good with a crown and yes, we are tough!

God made men and women so uniquely different, yet we compliment eachother well!

nana said...

I appreciate your honesty and ability to be open about your struggles and love for your family. I am a long time reader and this is my first time to comment. I am praying for you and your family, blessings to you!

littletoesandcheerios said...

Thanks guys!
Nana, do you have a blog?

Unknown said...

I've had need of the super powers this weekend! Thanks goodness God supplies them when we need them!

nana said...

Amy, I do not have a blog, just love reading them! I also have a Madalyn Grace, she is 9. I am happy you decided to stay in your marriage. I recently got divorced and I have to say that we probably did it "right" (if there is such a thing!) But it is something that has changed my children (14 and 9) forever! Blessings, Nana (Jeanne)

littletoesandcheerios said...

Jeanne, good to hear you all did it right with dignity.
I love the name Grace.

Paula said...

I just love your blog name...oh how I miss the days of little toes and cheerios!!

littletoesandcheerios said...

Thanks Paula! She's growing toooooo fast.





My Posse

THE BLOGGERS PRAYER

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck,
manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly -
all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house
and take care of my family.
Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life.
And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.
----The Dust Bunny Hostage



Thanks For Stopping By