Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Tiny Dancer

Ballerina,
you must have seen her

dancing in the sand


Well, I had to make a decision this week. I was going to take a phlebotomy course that was starting in about a week or so. I called and registered Madi for dance class every Thurs from 6-7 and then ran in and told her about it. She was ecstatic!!! She immediately twirled around and smiled so big. Then I got this feeling like I was punched in the gut! THURSDAYS! D'oh! My course was on Mons & Thurs for 3 months. As I sat trying to make this decision I realized that I am not in a big hurry to get back to work. I mean for me I would love to for some adult interaction but the wolf is not at our door quiet yet financially. That evening I walked into the living room and stopped when I heard Madi talking to herself. This is what she said:
I'm going to dance in a minute.
Hi kids my name is Madi, what's your name? Would you like to jump with me?

You see Madi is hardly ever around other children. Maybe a couple times a month at church for about 45 mins but that's it.
Then I knew what I had to do! I called the school and the next phlebotomy course starts in July. Jobs and school will always be here, Madi will only be this age, home with Mama for a short period of time.
And besides, I think being a Vampire will still be cool for the next few years anyway. ;)


7 comments:

Marsha Loftis said...

Your daughter is adorable.

My daughter Morgan chose Karate over dance class. No ballerina for me. :)

Unknown said...

Don't you just love the conversations they have with themselves! Lauren was carrying on a conversation with buttons today...hilarious!

Mental P Mama said...

I think--no, I know--you will not regret this decision;)

Happy said...

First, of all, Pebbles, er, Madi, is getting soooo big! She's growing up before my very bloggy eyes! What a cute little ballerina she'll be! So excited for her!!!!

You're a good mommy!

j said...

You make a WAY prettier Bella.

Madi's smile is radiant! This may be that thing that she does for the rest of her life! She really looks like she loves to dance.

~Tom~ said...

You made the right choice here. And while you know that already, just you wait until the first time you see her dancing in a recital. My daughter has been dancing since she was Madi's age. I still get teary every time I see her doing ballet. She is now 9 and dances in four different classes. Ballet, Acro, Tap, and Jazz. They are all fun to watch but, there is just something about seeing your daughter do something as beautiful as ballet that leaves a lump in your throat and a tear in your eye. I look forward to many many blog posts about Madi's dancing!

Debbie said...

What a great mama you are!





My Posse

THE BLOGGERS PRAYER

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck,
manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly -
all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house
and take care of my family.
Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life.
And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.
----The Dust Bunny Hostage



Thanks For Stopping By