Monday, November 16, 2009

Childhood is a journey...

not a race.

This is my daughter Madilyn Grace. She is 2 1/2 years old. She is not a doll, nor a princess, nor a trophy for me to show off. I rarely put her in fancy dresses that a 40 yr old woman would wear and try not to tell her she's pretty TOO much. She doesn't have her ears pierced and she's NOT about to wear any make-up. I don't want her to think her looks are top priority. I know she's beautiful inside and out. I want her to look and act her age. Childhood goes so fast, I want her to enjoy every moment of it. I want her to grow up knowing clothing and material things do not make a person.
She is shy, smart, funny, hyper, loving, onery, beautiful and a blessing.
She likes to run, jump, sing, dance and play.

This is my daughter Madilyn Grace...she's a 2 1/2 year old girl, and that's exactly what I want her to be.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome post...I love the way you mother her. It's perfect as is my frienship with you.

~Tom~ said...

There are a lot of parents out there that could stand to learn this ideal. I am amazed at the way some parents dress there little ones to look like street walkers. Great job Amy!

Unknown said...

Exactly!

Jesica said...

What a fortunate girl to have a mom like you! How amazing they can be, when we let them be themselves!

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

OK where is AMY and what's come over you?! LOVE IT!

Great post and insight!

Truly I don't think I've ever thought of my attitude about this..it's bad enough my little girl is on her own girly enough.

and the blog back ground is great! very personal!

Unknown said...

You are a great Mama! A very great Mama indeed! Loved this!

j said...

She is growing up so fast though Amy. I've been reading you for a year or more and she's gone from a baby girl to the little girl she is now. That's one of the precious things about blogging.

Stick to your principles Momma! The world tells our girls something totally unacceptable about womanhood. They need a good foundation.

Unknown said...

GREAT POST!!!
Pebbles is lucky to have you for her Mommy! You are a beautiful person, inside and out!! Have a HAPPY AND BLESSED Thanksgiving!!

D... said...

Good for you! She is going to grow up to be a confident woman.





My Posse

THE BLOGGERS PRAYER

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck,
manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly -
all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house
and take care of my family.
Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life.
And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.
----The Dust Bunny Hostage



Thanks For Stopping By