The last time I put this tree up was in 2006 and I was 6 months pregnant. I just kind of threw it together and that was that! This year I put it up way early (right after Halloween) for Madi to enjoy. It's sad how as an adult I get lazy and just tired of dragging all the decorations out, etc. This year it was exciting yet peaceful, I didn't get all stressed when half a string of lights wouldn't work and it sure is worth it when Madi's says, "Aw, pretty" when I plug it in.
Thursday, November 26, 2009
The Big Tree
The last time I put this tree up was in 2006 and I was 6 months pregnant. I just kind of threw it together and that was that! This year I put it up way early (right after Halloween) for Madi to enjoy. It's sad how as an adult I get lazy and just tired of dragging all the decorations out, etc. This year it was exciting yet peaceful, I didn't get all stressed when half a string of lights wouldn't work and it sure is worth it when Madi's says, "Aw, pretty" when I plug it in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Posse
My Blog List...Still updating
THE BLOGGERS PRAYER
Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck,
manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly -
all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house
and take care of my family.
Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life.
And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.
----The Dust Bunny Hostage
manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly -
all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house
and take care of my family.
Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life.
And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.
----The Dust Bunny Hostage
Thanks For Stopping By



6 comments:
It really does look pretty! I hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you have a blessed Christmas season!
I think this is great and how sweet of you to do this for Madi!
Very sweet momma!
This is the first year I put up the tree before Thanksgiving ;) my dh loves this season and so I wanted to surprise him before he got home. And he was indeed :) It's always fun filling others love cups!
LOVE the Mrs. Claus photo!!!! Hottie!
She is just the cutest thing ever and you are such a good Mommie.
Love you...love the photo of you and Madi in the white sweater with the fir.
I have grown to be the same way. I used to love decorating each year. Now with everything we are constantly doing, I have to force myself to do it. In fact if it wasn't for my daughter bugging me to do it, I am not sure I would ever get it done. lol
We put up our tree this weekend! Your tree looks beautiful just like you and Madi!
Your tree is gorgeous! It's all about the kids, so I say the earlier you put it up the better. Mine went up the day after Thanksgiving, and it comes down the day after Christmas.
Have a blessed Christmas season!
Post a Comment