Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Sticks and Stones and....Sneetches?
Well, thanks to this Dr. Seuss video Madi now knows the word stupid. It is a word I am certain I have said around her but it is definately something I don't want her to use. I mean I would rather her call someone an a-hole than stupid. Maybe it's just me but I think it's an awful word and hate the fact they put it in the cartoon. I know this is petty and she will learn plenty of awful words in no time but it's sad when they use them in cartoons like this. I try to monitor what she watches and I don't think it's a big enough deal to make her stop watching it either. I just hope she never uses it as a weapon on someone to hurt their feelings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Posse
My Blog List...Still updating
THE BLOGGERS PRAYER
Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck,
manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly -
all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house
and take care of my family.
Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life.
And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.
----The Dust Bunny Hostage
manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly -
all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house
and take care of my family.
Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life.
And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.
----The Dust Bunny Hostage
Thanks For Stopping By



4 comments:
Once when my kids were little, one sister told on the other. She said her sister had said the "S" word. I was worried until I found out the "S" word was "Stupid".
Just gently guide Madi away from words that you don't like. She's being raised by a good Momma.
I love me some Dr. Seuss! Sorry the sneetches snitched the S word.
Oh that Dr. Seuss! I'm with you, though, I don't like to here that word coming out of little one's mouths. That is a much restricted word at our house, too.
The "S" word in our home was always "Shut Up"....it was forbidden. No good can ever come out of telling someone to shut up.
Post a Comment