In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
I try and pray with Madi every night at bedtime. This is usually how we do it:
Dear Lord Jesus,
(ME) Thank you for our day today. Thank you for our home, food, clothing and health. (Madi) Thank you for my pants! {hard not to laugh} (Me) Thank you for each other. (Madi) Thanks for Oscar.(our dog)
In Jesus' name we pray, Amen
I find it fascinating how she has never once asked me who Jesus is? I mean if we talk about a friend or family member she will say "who's that?" You know like who's Mike and what's he doing.
The other day I heard her say "Dear Jesus thanks for Mama." When I pray obviously I leave myself out. I found that so sweet that she thought of me. Then yesterday she opened my bible {hardback that looks nothing like the one I usually use} and said, "Thank you Jesus for your help." Just so remarkable what they take in at such a young age.
She has also recently lost her Grandpa and she will tell you he's in Heaven with Jesus and that Jesus is everywhere. My Mom lost her dog Simon last week and she will say he's in Heaven with Grandpa.
“Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the
kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will
not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”
(Luke 18:15-17, NIV)



7 comments:
Aww-- Love that Madi!! :)
Child like faith, huh?? It's amazing.
So sweet! It sounds like you are setting a good example, Momma!
I love little one's prayers, they are so precious and heartfelt!
That is so adorable. What a sweetie you have there.
Makes your heart soar, doesn't it??
I'm LOVIN' your new site!! A Royal Family, indeed:)
Precious! This just blesses my heart!
I am so sorry for your loss. So very, very sorry!
Post a Comment