Thursday, April 23, 2009

SINCERELY FRO ME TO YOU- Lukey

As most of you know I have a lot of love for my FIL Luther. He's not in the best of health these days and is not able to see Pebbles as much as he'd like to. So we had him and my MIL down for dinner Tues. night and I was so glad he was able to come. In this picture Janice and "Lukey" (that's what I call him) were sing "ride 'em pony" to Pebbles and she was really enjoying their singing!

After they left I kept laughing about this funny thing that happened to Lukey once when a cop pulled him over. His hearing is very bad and almost got him in big trouble!

Luther's headlights did not work, but he took a chance on going to the store real quick. He wasn't gone in no time when he got pulled over. He wasn't thinking about the law and he jumped out of his car and walked over to the cop to tell him he knew about his lights. Here's how the conversation went from there:

Cop: Have a seat in your car sir.

Luther: Yes Officer (still standing)

Cop: Have a seat in your car sir

Luther: Yes Officer (still standing)

Cop: Do you understand what I'm saying?

Luther: Yes Officer I do. (still standing)

Cop: Have a seat in your car now sir

Luther: Well, let's see there are 4 seats in my car.

Officer: What???

Luther: Yes, of course I have seats in my car.

Officer: (starting to chuckle)

Luther: Didn't you ask me if I had seats in my car?

Officer: Just cracked up laughing and said NO, I asked you to have a seat in your car sir. You are never to get out of your car while being pulled over.

Luther: Well, I'm sorry Officer I just wanted to tell you about my lights.

They both laughed hysterically and the cop said:
Get out of here!!





Please visit Marcy for more SFMTY fun!

13 comments:

j said...

That is FUNNY! I like your FIL!

Marcy Massura said...

Oh now this was a great post for me to wake up to this morning...such a funny little story!

Unknown said...

What a funny story and a great memory!

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

LOL! that is funny!

I can almost get a pix of why you love'em dearly.

Bless his heart :)

Muthering Heights said...

LOL, he sounds like so much fun!!

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. :(

Upstatemamma said...

Oh my!! That is funny. I can just picture it. :) Grandpa's are so fun to have around. :)

Bahama Shores Mama said...

you should have a regular series entitled: My funny FIL. I'd tune in. Thanks for the laughs today.

Staci said...

I left you something on my blog if your interested! :)

D... said...

LOL! What a funny story! I'm sure the cop repeated it once he got back to the station AND home again. :)

I'm glad they got to enjoy some time with Pebbles.

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

That is hilarious! What a great anecdote, thanks for sharing!!

Happy said...

That was such a cute story! Bless his heart! And LOL!

Big Hair Envy said...

I SO need to meet Lukey...;)

Unknown said...

What a great story...thanks for sharing this.





My Posse

THE BLOGGERS PRAYER

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck,
manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly -
all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house
and take care of my family.
Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life.
And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.
----The Dust Bunny Hostage



Thanks For Stopping By