Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bryan

An old high school friend of mine was killed in a car accident on Weds.
Growing up he was friends with my step brother Jarrod and they were in a band together. I was dating the singer Brandon (who is deceased as well) and we were all together quiet often for a couple of years.
I hadn't seen him in about 15 years or so and then I saw him at church one evening. He walked right passed me as I smiled at him and then he took a double take. Uh..Amy? he said, questioning if it was me or not due to the last time we were together my hair was a foot tall! We talked a little bit and he told Fred how going to our church was good for his soul and how he liked the fact that it's "teaching" and not just preaching. His parents go there as well as his girls sometimes. His mother Mary is Pebbles' nurse and such a sweet, sweet lady.
I have been blue all week about his death. He was just one of those guys that everyone liked to be around. He still played the drums in a band and I think a few times at our church. Strange how we lose touch with people and then when something like this happens it brings fun memories back and time stops a little.
He will be missed by many.


Bryan and his girls.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for this loss for you, your family, and his family.

I will be praying for strength and peace.

What a wonderful post.

Sally's World said...

its a wonderful post and picture, a real dedication...it is so hard to make sense out of things like this, people just taken away, it seems so unfair...i pray that you all find the strength to cope with this loss, time will not heal, but it will bring acceptance, and a hope that you can carry on in his spirit...people never truly leave, they are just with us in a different way!

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

This is always sad..no matter how far removed from us death is not somthing we where designed to understand or be "ok with"..I do know that life after death is only possiable with Jesus as our Savior and it sounds like Jesus was his..so you will see him again just like you did this time only in newer form and better enviroment!
A very nice post.

Muthering Heights said...

I'm o sorry to hear about that. :(

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear this. Things like that really take ya back in time, huh??

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear this. Things like that really take ya back in time, huh??

Treasia Stepp said...

I am so sorry to hear this. His family, you and your family will be in my prayers.

Big Hair Envy said...

What a sweet tribute to your friend. I'm SO sorry for your loss, and will keep you in my prayers. ((hugs))

D... said...

Oh, I am so sorry. He sounds like a wonderful man. It's so tragic. :( {{hugs}}

Anonymous said...

Loss is always so difficult. Car accidents freak me out. So, so sad!

Miti said...

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.





My Posse

THE BLOGGERS PRAYER

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck,
manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly -
all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house
and take care of my family.
Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life.
And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.
----The Dust Bunny Hostage



Thanks For Stopping By