
Tonight at church we talked about how "the church" is the Bride of Christ and how we should not put it down in anyway. One of our Pastors talked about those things in life that are worth fighting for. He said if you made a bad/false comment about his wife, he would fight with you over it. And that this is how Jesus feels when we put down his "bride". He also told us it's not our place to put down or judge other churches by petty things like what they wear or the type of music they play.
Then we went on to discuss how we need to do things ourselves as believers in Christ and not wait for the church to come up with ideas, but rather to go out and do things on our own to help those in need in our community. Some members of our church took it upon themselves to start a group that goes to our Salvation Army and cooks meals for those who are hungry. And another group decided to take rubbermaid tubs to our local churches asking for canned goods to keep one of our drug rehabs going. Good things are happening.
*And Pebbles played and played!!!
I hope you all are having a great weekend!
After leaving me a comment, tell me what you are fixing or picking up for dinner tonight. I'm looking for some ideas and thought it would be fun to hear what you are having.



5 comments:
We actually listened to a sermon two weeks (?) ago about not allowing the expectation of others to become a yoke on us - and we discussed issues such as clothing and music during different church services. Reserving judgment must be a hot topic this month!
We had vegetarian tacos tonight...I use Morningstar Farms "crumbles," a ground beef substitute. I just microwave it with some taco seasoning, warm a few tortillas, and place the "fixings" out on the table. *Poof!* Dinner in 5 minutes!
I love your pastor's take on things!!
YAY for Pebbles......YAY,YAY, YAY!!!!
Steady On
Reggie Girl
What a great pastor you have! Those are wonderful words to live by and I try my hardest to come up with different ways to serve others in His light.
So happy for Pebbles...I hope my comment on play groups helped.
So, for dinner tonight...it's either going to be home-made burgers with all the fixings or steamed shrimp and cesar salad...haven't really decided yet.
Well your Pastor is leading in a very positive way and I'm so glad you church is on bored with it!
Sound like Pebbles is in her elimant SO HAPPY FOR HER!
As for dinner ...I'm not sure because I'm not cooking but I may suggest something very high in fiber (sorry TMI) I can't belive how off I am right now!
Have a great day!
Yea!! For your pastor AND Pebbles.
Supper.. Malibu chicken for us. Not sure of the side dishes. ;)
Post a Comment