Sunday, April 5, 2009

Chirp, Chirp


The other morning I kept hearing a bird chirp and it reminded me of a scene from this movie Funny Farm starring Chevy Chase. He's a writer and decides to move with his wife to the country in hopes of having a peaceful place to write his novels. One day he sits down by an open window and starts to type. A bird sings a pretty song and he whistles back cheerfully. This goes on and on and begins to interfere with his writing, driving him a bit crazy. He ends up taking his hot coffee and throwing it out the window at the bird. It's a classic scene that has always made Fred & I laugh.
Well, that's what happened to me as I was running around the house cleaning I kept hearing this chirping sound. At first I was whistling back cheerfully, excited at the sign of spring. But just like Chevy, I was getting a little annoyed when it would not shut up! The only difference besides me not being a coffee drinker and my window not being open, was that I heard this chirp get louder as I approached the bedroom. Ought oh, a bird in my room?

Click HERE to see what it looked like.


HA!


{This movie contains very foul language. We always watched it on TV and we told Fred's sweet little Baptist Aunt to rent it and there was an "F Bomb" right away.}

10 comments:

Sally's World said...

oh my, i love this film, the bit where the snake is tied to him an he runs in the house...i screamed the house down laughing...

Mental P Mama said...

*snort

Heather said...

That's the worst type of chirping! Ours always goes off in the middle of the night!

Unknown said...

I have to laugh....sorry, because I have been a part of this senario more times then I care to count.

You are so adorable...

Unknown said...

Ha! Thanks for the chuckle this morning!

Keri said...

Funny Farm... What I remember the most about that movie is their dog that ran away and every once in a while you'd see the dog cruising by. Funny movie!

Ha! I see you have the same bird problem as I did a month ago. Man, it was annoying...

Muthering Heights said...

Oh my...I HATE hearing birds incessantly chirping early in the morning. I don't mind them later in the day, but I can totally see throwing coffee out the window! LOL!

I LOVE your new header. It's just perfect!

Anonymous said...

Oh my...... lol

Treasia Stepp said...

One of my all time favorite movies. I love everything about it.

D... said...

LOL! You are so clever. :)

I remember seeing that movie! It's been a long time ago, I'm pretty sure I enjoyed it.





My Posse

THE BLOGGERS PRAYER

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck,
manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly -
all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house
and take care of my family.
Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life.
And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.
----The Dust Bunny Hostage



Thanks For Stopping By