Thursday, February 12, 2009

S.W.A.K.**The Conclusion


First comes love, then comes marriage and a long time later...me with a baby carriage!

Continued from Part 2:
So, Fred & I lived together for four years and in the spring of 1996 we both prayed the prayer of Salvation and became Christians. And in doing so, we both felt it was time to do the right thing and get married since we wanted to be together for as long as we both shall live.
We decided not to have a big wedding but to go and have a romantic getaway in the mountains, just the two of us.
We have had a wonderful marriage ever since. We've had a great time on vacations and spending so much time really creating a close bond with one another over the years. We love to act silly and have a fun time goofing off together. We are best friends.
I am so proud of Fred, he has overcome many obstacles in his life and is now a terrific provider for his family. He is a God fearing man who never meets a stranger. He is so kind to others and has always made me feel beautiful and been good at cheering me up when I'm down. He has helped make me the woman I am today, I was just an immature girl when we started our relationship with a few wounds and issues that he has helped me deal with.
I feel like we really know each other and I trust him 100% with my heart. Why?...because he Loves God more than me and strives to do what's right.
Of course, we have our moments but that's the "or worse" part in the vows and we are truly committed to making it work.



Hebrews 13:4 (NIV)
4 Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.


We made the decision after being together for over 16 years to have a baby. So, now we are in a different chapter in our marriage and although are not able to have as much one on one time and be as intimate, this is simply the best time in our lives. We are now a family and all is complete.





I sure hope you have enjoyed reading my love story as much as I have yours.


And I want to give Kristin a BIG THANKS for doing such a wonderful carnival.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was a great carnival. I wish I knew about it... I would have loved to join in on the "love".

Thanks for sharing.

j said...

I HAVE enjoyed reading your love story. It sounds like you and Fred were blessed to find each other early on and how wonderful that Salvaltion was a together thing too. God is good and he has blessed you!!

j said...

Oh! And my letter C meme is up!

Heather said...

What a great ending to the story!

Big Hair Envy said...

I LUV your little Love Story:) Sounds like a match made in Heaven...

Jesica said...

Wonderful! The pictures are great! I am so encouraged by your sweet story.

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

Thanks for sharing your sweet story! It is great to read about a couple so committed to each other!

The Domestic Diva Wanna-Be said...

First of all, your little girl is SO adorable!

Makes me laugh you call each other Fred, Wilma, and Pebbles. When my husband calls home from work every day he says, "Hello Barbie." And I say, "Well Hi there Ken." LOL!

I really loves reading about your love story. Reminded me a bit of my husband and I. It was very touching.

Thanks for allowing me to share it.
Tammy

Muthering Heights said...

You have such a sweet story!

D... said...

I loved reading your story so much. It is so similar to mine.

That last picture? Perfection!

Decor To Adore said...

I am a bit late in visiting via the SWAK carnival, but what a great story!





My Posse

THE BLOGGERS PRAYER

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck,
manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly -
all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house
and take care of my family.
Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life.
And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.
----The Dust Bunny Hostage



Thanks For Stopping By