
How it all began. ( I have the flu, so I hope I do this justice)
I have known Andy since I was about 14 years old. He was good friends with my brother Brian and we also had a few mutual friends. He would come over to the house to see Brian and end up talking to me instead when Brian was at work. So, we became friends and as I got a little older we would see each other out more often.
In January of 1992 he stopped by and we decided to hang out together. We rode around town for awhile and went back to his apartment. We talked and talked with such ease and had so much in common. We kissed a lot that night and then he asked me if I wanted to go shopping with him out of town the next day! Perfect for me! From that moment on, we were inseparable! We would pull over on the side of the road numerous times on the way home from a date and kiss a lot! Then I would call him (before cell phones) before I went to sleep.
He is someone that I never thought of dating. But you see, we didn't date...we fell in love. We fell in love through a wonderful friendship. We built trust and forgiveness at a slow pace.
Here's us in 1992 and yes, it's perfectly okay if you are laughing hysterically at our hair. =0)
To be continued...
Please go to We Are That Family to read more love stories.



18 comments:
Ooo, I'll be waiting for the next installment!
"...we didn't date...we fell in love. We fell in love through a wonderful friendship. We built trust and forgiveness at a slow pace."
If that is Nyquil talking you should blog medicated all of the time. That was beautiful.
Looking forward to part two.
Beautiful...so sweet...hope you feel better soon
I agree with jennifer above. I love that part about we didn't date...we fell in love. That's exactly how I feel about my husband.
Great post! And BFE is going to more jealous than ever about your hair!
1992 rocked!!! :) Graduated that year so I am a bit partial. :)
Do I see your pants legs pegged too? Hee hee
Sweet post. Anticipating the next one.
So, I am guessing the SWAK challenge wasn't very hard for you since you guys like to make out ;)
A very sweet story and it is amazing hair.
What a beautiful post and love story. I think the best love grows from friendship first.
Such a great beginning to "the Story"!!! Feel better chicka! The flu is not fun at all.
Great story! I bet BHE is green with envy over that hair :) Feel Better soon! The flu sucks!
Don't share the flu with your husband :) Difficult to do when you kiss a lot, I know.
Your husband looked like Jack Black in that picture.
I think it is so beautiful that your relationship is based on a solid friendship. Can't wait to hear the rest!
You hooked me! Can't wait to read more!
Just returned with my 9 yo and she has the flu! It's awful. Hope you feel better.
I am sorry you have the flu. Hubby and I didn't really date either - we simply fell in love one day. It was wonderful - it still is.
Get well soon! Love the story but absolutely adore the hair:)
great post and i love the hair in the picture! lol. we fell in love slowly by building a friendship first too!
Your flashback hair continues to be a source of amazement to me! I'm glad to hear that you married someone you were friends with first.
Such a sweet post.
And, WOWZERS, that is a lot of hair! ;-)
The perfect foundation for an everlasting marriage! Can't wait to read more!
You know I loved your hair!
Post a Comment