Wednesday, February 25, 2009

SINCERELY FRO ME TO YOU- BOO POOH WHO!

Here's how my day went down Tues! Got up at 7am feeling groovy. Had a lot of chores completed by 10am and decided to bake me a Pooh cake...again.{big sigh}
As I was getting ready to put the cake mix in the bowl, this happened:

So, I did what any housewife (hillbilly) would do and I swept it outside to give the birds a nice early morning sugar buzz. My how fast they can fly!

Over the weekend I had purchased a Wilton Cake Decorator and was all set and ready to practice my mad skills.
Not too shabby, right?

Well, after Pooh got nice and baked I gave it a whirl. Since I am somewhat frugal, I did not use the offical Pooh food coloring, but some that I had left from my last atempt. That's why he's white like a ghost.

It's okay but I'm not thrilled with it. Cake is a little too warm. A little time comsuming...
Ah, very time consuming and arm cramping like ya'll said!


And my conclusion...



Go to We are That Family for more SFMTY fun!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwwwww, sweetie...I wish I lived close by so I could come and give you a one on one class...you will get it, just keep on trying. There are some really good beginning cake decorating video's on You Tube, the place where I learned how to crochet.

Please don't give up...are you making your own icing? That is one of the key points...the other is to let your cake cool completely. Canned icing is not so good for decorating.

Wilton has the best decorator icing recipe and it's cheap and easy to put together and keeps for a long time in the fridge.

Remember my motto: Try/try again.

kristi said...

I made a Pooh cake for my niece once and it took me hours to decorate it!

My sister glanced at it and said, "Oh yeah, it's cute."

I then went all exorcist on her and told her it had better be more than cute!

Carrie @carrieloves said...

Well, I bet it tasted good.

Jennifer said...

I must say that I quit baking my kids cakes. I do cupcakes with toothpicks in the top and stickers attached back to back on a cupcake holder I bought at Wal-Mart. If you have rheumatoid, like they think, you will soon learn that decorating a cake is not worth the pain afterwards. My hands ache for hours after. Stickers...much easier!

Unknown said...

So sorry that didn't turn out for you. I never have done a cake like that and it looks hard. I tend to shy away from anything that requires fancy tips.

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

YOur hilouriosly funny!

How about cupcakes with Pooh decor eatables on top?

You can do this..really you can!

slow down first!

LunaMoonbeam said...

LOL....I LOVE the end result. Very...honest. ;-) Piping stars onto a huge POOH is a daunting first challenge indeed!

Valarie Lea said...

Hahahahah!!! oh I beat it still tasted good :)

a Tonggu Momma said...

I'm impressed you even attempted it! I would have just cried in a melodramatic fashion until my best bud offered to do it for me. LOL. Only she wouldn't be laughing. She'd be sighing.

Treasia Stepp said...

So sorry but that's not exactly what I was expecting on that last picture. You provided me quite a laugh today. LOL. Thanks.

Don't give up seriously. It was looking pretty darn good. As Marlene said, canned frosting is not any good for decorating. If you didn't then make your own. You will get the hang of it.

Now I must share the last time I went all out and done a cake decorating for my step kids. The first Easter after we married I made the kids a beautiful Easter Basket shaped cake, went all out on decorating it. Made the little eggs, basket weave texture on the basket and it looked to go to eat. The kids looked at it and said "oh that's sorta pretty, mommy does better". I never made another decorated cake again.

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

When is the big day? I think it is great you are doing so much practice for her special cake. You are such a great mommy.

Jerralea said...

Well, in my book you get brownie points for trying. If I can remember, next week, I'll post a picture of my cat cake I once made. Then you'll see that everyone has challenges! LOL.

D... said...

LOL! That's how I feel about it, too. I'm sure it tasted great and you deserve a gold star for at least trying it again!

Muthering Heights said...

I guess the silver lining here is that your family gets to eat the practice cake! :)

Anonymous said...

I think you should definitely try again, Wilma.
You will be more prepared the next go around and know what to expect.

You are better than I am. I would have made a chocolate cake with the cheapy frosting.... At least you put forth the effort! :)

Tammy said...

Give it another go round, girl! I am going to take me one of those cake decorating classes one day. I really am.

Kristen said...

Too funny!

P.S. You won!
Email me your address!

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Ewww.......I'm really impressed Little Toes!!
Why do we say ewww when we're trying to say something good?
I don't get it.....
Take good care and.......

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Keri said...

Decorating a cake, what a pain it can be, eh? I had the same pooh cake for my little guy's first b-day. It took FOREVER! Geesh, something so simple turned so complicated. Hopefully you'll have better luck next time!

Unknown said...

This was HILARIOUS! I have never decorated a cake yet. I am totally not a cool Mom like that. I want to be though. I really want to be : ).





My Posse

THE BLOGGERS PRAYER

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck,
manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly -
all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house
and take care of my family.
Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life.
And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.
----The Dust Bunny Hostage



Thanks For Stopping By