Wednesday, January 21, 2009

SINCERELY FRO ME TO YOU-Big, Bloated & Blessed!


This one goes out to my friend Amy who thought I looked good in my post last week in the delivery room. She comment on how she was all hot and bloated when she delivered her kids. Well, Amy I have some photos to share with your girl! I never thought I would shared big and bloated pictures of myself! But, since that day was also a BIG Blessing here it goes. :)


I was induced so my delivery date was a scheduled event...which means no sleep the night before! I was so anxious and happy the night before I barely slept at all. But, as soon as I got to the hospital (I think it was a gift from God) I was calm the entire time and had the best delivery imaginable.



In the photo above I have been in pain for about 2 hours and soon had my epidural. Not looking too bad or bloated just yet, although a little high from some medication causing blurry vision!


Okay, clearly very bloated here right (I mean I just got stitches!) after delivery. They took Pebbles to get cleaned up and I asked for some FOOD! I had not had a bite in 14 hours. My Mom got me a Mt. Dew while I waited for my turkey sandwich! I didn't drink caffeine for my entire pregnancy.

So, there you have it Big, Bloated and oh so Blessed!

Go check out We are That Family for more fun today!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo!! Nothin' like having the baby on the OUTSIDE is there? Who cares about the bloating - we're not pregnant anymore. I loved that part. And I'm still loving it almost 11 years after the birth of my youngest - lol. Thanks for sharing your special day.

Unknown said...

I am still bloated from having all of them and that is why I am finally losing it all.

LOL, you my dear, were GORGEOUS!!!

Marlene

Unknown said...

WOW! You do delivery very well!
You look beautiful!
I still look like a marshmallo!

Heather said...

You have great post-baby pics! I will never post mine!

Heather said...

You look great! I'm sure if I ever went through childbirth I'd be screaming and crying in every picture, or I would have probably taken the camera away from whoever was photographing me and thrown it across the room.

Thanks for sharing!

Jerralea said...

Great pics! When I saw yours, I thought "now there's something I could use for 'Fro weeks - pictures of my 3 pregnancies." Then I thought "no, the world's not ready for that!"

You, however, looked adorable!

Unknown said...

You look good to me! How did you keep your hair looking so good? Mine always looked horrendous!

Muthering Heights said...

I think that's the perfect way to summarize being pregnant!

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

Even big and bloated, you still look very cute... must be the pregnancy glow. :-) Perhaps I'll share some bloated preggo pics on my blog soon...you just might have given me my next Fro' idea. Thanks girlie!

Kristen said...

I think new moms are beautiful.

Except for the pictures of me! Bloat city!

Anonymous said...

Wilma, my dear, you are not bloated!!!! lol
You looked wonderful for having stitches, exhausted and famished! ;o}

Thanks for posting these. I will never reveal mine. Now that I think about it, I think I have burned them! lol

Have a great day.

akawest said...

You looked great! Trust me, I wish that I had looked half that good when in labor or after giving birth!

j said...

Yeah, I got some serious bloat happening over here times three.

I need to dig up the photos of me when I had my first. They gave me some crazy medication and I looked HIGH AS A BLOOMIN KITE.

Big Hair Envy said...

I'm fairly confident that there are NO pictures of me SMILING during labor and delivery!! How in the WORLD did you look so cute???

littletoesandcheerios said...

Epidural!
I was numb for 24 hours from the waist down! Did not feel much pain until afterwards. My recovery was very hard.

Tammy said...

Girl, I wish I had looked that good right after delivery. My face was HUGE swollen and I threw up my dinner.

And I had quite the epidural myself. Had to get my catheter put back in (both times, actually).

D... said...

Not big & bloated at all. Definitely blessed & beautiful!





My Posse

THE BLOGGERS PRAYER

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck,
manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly -
all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house
and take care of my family.
Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life.
And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.
----The Dust Bunny Hostage



Thanks For Stopping By