Sunday, January 25, 2009

Crossroads


The last few weeks have been a real eye opener for me. When BHE started the BBS diet I thought I was ready to give 100%. And I didn't even make it the first week without cheating. I have been thinking about this and come to the realization that I'm VERY addicted to fried and junk food. But now I have entered a crossroad in my life. If I stay this way I am heading down the path to obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol. I am already at risk for a fatty liver (find out more in March) and pretty sure I have arthritis. I know all of these things and I still eat this crap. And I have a beautiful girl who needs me to be healthy and strong to be able to keep up with her. What is wrong with me??? Makes me so disappointed in myself. Please pray that I will choose the path of a healthy lifestyle for my family and myself. And send me any comments, advice, recipes or a kick in the butt!

Thanks!

13 comments:

Muthering Heights said...

Will do. We're here for you, you can do this!

Unknown said...

Don't make me come up there and kick your butt!

As Dr. Phil once said, there is always a pay-off we get in a negative behavior. If a bad habit wasn't pleasing us some how, then why would we keep on doing it.

Here is what my motivation was...I had gotten Lymphoderma, a precursor to heart disease and my doctor told me I would be dead in 10 years and was at risk of having a major coronary right now!!!

You need to look at unhealthy food and imagine death. Look at that oil laden crap and then look at your beautiful daughter...what choice would she want you to make.

You CAN do this.

We CAN do this.

Marlene

Unknown said...

I am SO THERE with YOU!
I just have NO WillPower!
I know WE can do this! WE just have to really put our Minds to it!

Unknown said...

I FORGOT...I Can't find my "mind" today!

Unknown said...

I'll be praying for you! It sounds like this has really got you down. I know how hard it is to let go of something like food. On one of the comments I left you recently I said I was going to cut out a bunch of sugar. Two days later I made a chocolate cake with lucious whipped chocolate frosting. I ate way more than my share and it was obviously laden with sugar!

I'm pulling for you!

Just one more idea- Give this to the Lord ask Him for his strength in this matter. Even if you have to do it everytime you walk in the kitchen. Maybe find a verse that deals with God being our strength and quote it each time you get hungry or are tempted. He is strong when we are weak!

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

I know these feelings all to well.

When we surrender to HIS will, we will see the changes we desire for our selves..as we seek to serve HIM with all our hearts; minds and souls then we will come in aligment with HIS blessings on our lives.

JESUS said not to worry about what we will eat;drink or wear..only to seek to serve.

Ask yourself this.."what do I really need to be concerned with today? Serving the Lord with my body..or serving my body?"

The world says "Take care of #1~ you" but JESUS says "the first shall be last and the last shall be first in the Kingdom of Heaven."

So this tells me..when I can't say no ask HIM to say NO for me.

I finally am FREE of that Chi tea a(very addictive fatting) drink.. how often the urges came..all I did was pray "take it from me.." and HE DID!

And when you really want something bad..ask HIM to replace it with something good.


YOU can do this because HE will do it for YOU!

Ask;Seek Knock it will be give to you.

(POST THAT ON YOUR FRIDGE)

Big Hair Envy said...

You. Can. Do. This.

Yes, it IS hard, but we knew that in the beginning. Take it one baby-step at a time....if you eat ten fries today, only eat eight the next time, etc. Don't try to deprive yourself of EVERYTHING at once - then you will just want it MORE!

There is one trick that seems to work for me - I just imagine myself in a bathing suit this summer. You've never seen a woman turn down a cookie so fast in your life:)

Email me if you need anything...

j said...

How about if I send prayers.

And respect.

And love regardless of your size or weight.

Get healthier for your little girl - that is a good idea - but be willing to do it slowly and permanently.

(((HUGS)))!

Valarie Lea said...

My advice is baby steps, healthy eating does not come overnight. It is a process, don't deny yourself, but don't over do it. One thing I do to help me not eat the bad stuff, is I don't buy it. If its not there I won't eat it, and if I do happen to eat the bad stuff everynow and then, then its ok.

D... said...

Ok, I can add nothing to all the wonderful things said before me.

Changing a lifestyle/habit is one of the hardest things to do ever. Baby steps. Cut out one or two things at a time.

Also, try not to look at the weight loss as a whole. Do that in steps as well. First step, one clothing size. Or 5 lbs.

Sometimes looking at the whole picture can be so overwhelming. I'll never achieve that, so why bother? can be our mentality sometimes.

But, a smaller goal? Tricks the mind. ;)

Good luck! Know that you are not alone!

D... said...

P.S. I don't have your email, but I want to thank you. You know why. While I don't wish things on anyone, there is gratitude in knowing you aren't alone.

Happy Mommy said...

Wilma it's hard and being that you married into a family where 70 percent of the members struggle with weight me included it makes it even harder. We can throw down on some good food! I know its hard and I will pray for you please pray for me also. I have been trying really hard the last few weeks to follow WW and lose 20 pounds before our trip in March.

Tammy said...

You are not alone and I think you know that! This is something that so many of us fight with. Whether it be 10lbs or 50lbs. Break your goal up into more doable parts. Don't overwhelm yourself from the beginning.

You have a support group here in blog world that is pulling for you!! You CAN do this and it sounds like you want to. I will certainly say a prayer for you!

Hang in there and be strong! :-)





My Posse

THE BLOGGERS PRAYER

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck,
manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly -
all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house
and take care of my family.
Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life.
And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.
----The Dust Bunny Hostage



Thanks For Stopping By