literally!
My mind was in such a fog last night as we were strolling through the mall. Pebbles had on a black fur coat and hat to match that has ears on the top of it. People walking by would comment about how cute the little bear was! She was in a mall stroller that looks like a car. She was having a good time driving it and saying bear...a hundred times! She would look back at me and say "hi mom." I started realizing just how she's growing into a little girl and losing her babiness.
Well, we had bought my niece (Savannah) a pair of jeans in JCPenneys and decided to go to another store to look for a shirt. As I'm walking through the mall I look down at the stroller and there the jeans lay!!! I walked right out of Penneys without paying for them!!!!! By this point, we are fairly far from Penneys. I felt all the color leave my face and I'm a pale person anyway. I see a security guard headed my way (I am now the shade of Brooke Shields' teeth in those Colgate Total commercials) and as we pass he just smiles and nods...phew! I kept waiting to get tackled and cuffed,seriously I'm about to puke! Fred makes a mad dash in the store and tells the cashier what happened. I walk in holding the jeans as she's thanking him for our honesty. And he says...
"Lady, I'm not going to Hell over a pair of Arizona jeans, it would take a lot more than that!"
Now that's a steal of a deal!
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Posse
My Blog List...Still updating
THE BLOGGERS PRAYER
Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck,
manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly -
all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house
and take care of my family.
Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life.
And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.
----The Dust Bunny Hostage
manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly -
all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house
and take care of my family.
Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life.
And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.
----The Dust Bunny Hostage
Thanks For Stopping By



7 comments:
how many times..that happens to me?!
and the sales people are geniunely shocked when you return something..a shame but now our conscience are clear!
made me cringe and you know "fred" sounds like "fred" lol!
How scary! I'm surprised the security bars you have to pass through didn't catch the jeans. I'm so glad it all worked out and you didn't get "caught"! It is so easy to accidentally walk out with something in the stroller, really.
I just laughed out loud and read that to my husband - that's hilarious!
I've done it before with water bottles under my shopping cart right outta walmart.
Hahahahaha! You know, I think it's even worse when you pay for something, and the stupid security buzzer goes off when you are leaving!!!
Poor Fred & Wilma! At least you don't have to worry about the mall security guy showing up at your front door:)
Oh my.... your pale face had me laughing.
Wait till little miss pebbles gets sticky fingers and then you realize what happened. This has happened on several occasions at my house. Bless their hearts... they have no clue what's going on till you snatch it from their chubby hand and sprint towards the check out. lol
This happened to me in the grocery store! Something was under my purse, it probably cost all of $1, but I was not going to leave without paying for it!
LOL, I've known people who have accidentally taken things from stores that were folded up on top of their strollers. It's actually kind of easy when you get distracted with kids! It's good that you caught it before you got home!
Post a Comment