Sunday, February 7, 2010

Eat Your Veggies

Everyday I strive to be a better mom and keeper of the home. At the end of the day I will think about what all I have accomplished and the things I need to work on. One major thing I need to work on as the homemaker is what I cook. We eat fairly heart smart as far as oils, butter and certain fats are concerned but we could always do a little better about eating fruits and veggies. Madi is like her mama when it comes to not liking the vegetables. So tonight I made Speedy Stovetop Lasagna from this awesome website ( http://www.sneakychef.com/) refered to me by a friend. It's a way to incorporate veggies in without tasting them, lol! My SIL Stacy has talked to me about doing this before as well and I am happy there's a website to help me with it.
Well, although Madi didn't eat a bite of it :(...Andy didn't know it was diet and absolutely loved it. I thought it was definatley doable and I am not giving up on finding something on here that Madi will like.


This may sound kind of silly to some people but one of the reasons I wanted to have a baby is simply to do the duties of a mother. I remember telling my mom when I was trying to get pregnant that I wanted to make sandwiches and pack school lunches. And she assured me that wasn't silly to her but natural. It seemed so odd to me because I had no clue I would ever want children. Now I can't imagine my life any different.
Being a parent is the hardest job you'll ever love.

He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the LORD. Psalms 113:9

1 comment:

Mental P Mama said...

And cherish every minute of it!





My Posse

THE BLOGGERS PRAYER

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck,
manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly -
all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house
and take care of my family.
Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life.
And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.
----The Dust Bunny Hostage



Thanks For Stopping By