Monday, January 11, 2010

"ME" Time


Here recently I have been saying I need some me time. And since I dedicate my every second to my daughter and husband, people tend to freak out and jump to conclusions when I need a breather. I am literally with my daughter every second of the day including night time. And very rarely do I go out with anyone other than my family. But, there comes a time when I have to tend to my needs as an individual and not as mother and wife. I am more than those important roles in my life. I am AMY and if I don't take care of her sometimes then I fail at the other two. When Madi was born I focused on her 100% and truly lost myself as a person for a while and that wasn't benefiting her either.
There are those days where I need to just let my hair down and be free to be "ME" for a change. Turn the radio up and dance around the house without a care in the world. Or go out shopping or to lunch with my gal pals and have some girl talk. Dress up a little more sexy than usual and feel comfortable being a woman. It's my skin I need to feel comfortable in. Some people are envious of a SAHM and although I would never trade it for a million dollars, it's not all glitz and glamour. I have those days where I get depressed missing the world of working and having adult conversations. So this year I am not asking...but demanding...more "ME TIME" so that I can be better at the job I need to do in a more loving and competent way.

5 comments:

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Well said!!!

Jesica said...

Yeah! Enjoy every minute of "me" time you get! I was recently asked to join a steering committee for a local non-profit, it has given me an excuse to be Jesica, instead of Mom and I am loving every minute! I hope you find refreshment this year!

D... said...

I am a firm believer in Me time.

Unknown said...

Enjoy your time! It will refresh you to take care of Madi and for loving Andy

Unknown said...

I "SO" understand every word you said!!
It would do us all good to have "me" time....I am in NEED of some right now:) HAPPY DAY!!





My Posse

THE BLOGGERS PRAYER

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck,
manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly -
all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house
and take care of my family.
Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life.
And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.
----The Dust Bunny Hostage



Thanks For Stopping By