Saturday, June 6, 2009

Sweet Dreams?


It seems like the older I get the less I dream. Or is it that my memory is bad and I don't remember the dream I had? One dream I have had a lot in the past in falling. Usually it's getting "winged" off of a roller coaster or just spinning out of control. Here's what that is supposed to represent:
A feeling or fear of abandonment, especially feeling abandoned by a "caretaker" such as a partner, employer, or by God
A feeling or fear of a loss of security or control, or a sudden lack of foundation in your life, such as a situation where "the rug is pulled out from under you"

Uh yeah, I get that one.

Here's another one I had years ago that was very vivid. I had a dream that a German shepherd was biting my hand viciously...I could almost feel the pain. This is it's meaning:
An aggressive dog can mean you're feeling afraid or threatened (often by a perceived emotional threat) in your real life.

This is one of the scariest ones I've ever had. I was trying to run from a bullet and the anxiety of when it was going to hit my back was intense. Here the meaning on this one:
Being shot or someone who wants to shoot you can represent feelings or fear of attack, persecution, judgment, or other hostility

Have you ever dreamed your teeth were falling out?
A person's teeth can relate to your feelings about that person's:
Health and well-being
Ability to do things for oneself or handle tasks in one's own life
Ability to articulate and express oneself
in your life.


And there's the one about being pregnant:
A process or project somewhere in your life
Responsibility for another person, animal, etc. somehow in your life
Responsibility for self or for your inner child
A curiosity about pregnancy



How about you? What are some of the things you dream about?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I can not tell you the last time I remembered a dream and if I did, I have already forgotten it. Having kids makes you lose brain cells, so I probably only have two left.

Unknown said...

I have had dreams about my teeth falling out for most of my adult life. Thought I was just weird! When I was younger I used to have dreams I was falling. Now my dreams seem to center around my husband not loving me any more. Which are absurd because he still loves me very much.

Muthering Heights said...

I don't usually dream about my teeth falling out, but I often dream that they have broken, or shattered, or are somehow ground to powder...it gives me the willies to think about it!

Sally's World said...

i don't think i sleep long enough to dream, someone told me one that if you ask to remember your dreams just before you fall asleep, you do...although if your dreams aren't very good...maybe not such a good idea lol!

D... said...

I am one of those people who wakes up and doesn't remember the dreams. Very rarely, if it's vivid enough, I might. A long time ago, I did used to dream about my teeth falling out.

Anonymous said...

I guess I am the crazy one. I don't fall in my dreams... I go up in the air. Is there a meaning for that one??

I do remember many of my dreams. In fact, many come true and I can feel great emotion.

Anonymous said...

My teeth crumble. This has been a consistent dream for years.

***
I used to dream I could fly. I was about 4 feet off the ground, making swimming motions in the air. Other people were walking, but I would fly beside them.

Anonymous said...

I never dream anymore. I think that is bad. I can't get to sleep without tylenol pm ever since the accident. I wonder if that is why I stopped dreaming!

Mental P Mama said...

I have those teeth dreams, too. And a lot of times, I'm in a plane that doesn't ever get off the ground....hmmmm.





My Posse

THE BLOGGERS PRAYER

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck,
manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly -
all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house
and take care of my family.
Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life.
And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.
----The Dust Bunny Hostage



Thanks For Stopping By