
On Sunday evening we went to my friend's funeral. Our Pastor said people came and went from 4-7 (viewing) and when we sat down for the funeral service people were still in line to give their condolences. The family was tired and the Pastor told those left in line that he was sorry, but we had to get on with the funeral. We waited in line for I would guess about 35 minutes and I'm so glad I got the chance to hug his Mom & Brother.
They had beautiful pictures of him with his (ex) wife and children, high school days and him playing his drums.
Our church seats (I think) 800 people so I'm estimating around 400+ people were there. The Pastor said "I know one thing, this boy was loved."
This picture is exactly how he looked when I ran around with him & friends. He was a handsome young man.
**Sorry if I haven't been a very good commenter lately, I've been talking to friends on FB about this tragedy.**



11 comments:
the people we love never really leave us! love to you all.
SO VERY SAD!
I-m HEARTBROKEN for you and HIS FAMILIES!
I KNOW how HARD this will be on his parents and siblings.
THEY are in my Prayers!
I'm so sorry! It sounds as though he is very loved and will live on through the memories and love of many :( hugs!
Oh my...what a testimony of how many lives he touched! I'm sure he will be dearly missed.
I'll keep praying!
What a beautiful tribute to your friend! It's great that you have FB friends with whom you can chat about Bryan's life. Through those exchanges, he will live on forever...
((hugs))
I am so sorry for your loss! He looks like a wonderfully special person!
I'm glad you were able to be there to show support to his family during this difficult time. I am so sorry for your loss!
Wow. So many people. What a wonderful tribute. I'm so glad that you were able to go & console his family & them you. {{hugs}}
Thoughts are going to the friends and family. ((hugs))
Is he any relation to the country singer, Keith Whitley? He was from our neck of the woods, ya know.
Prayers for his family. I am so sorry for the loss.
Sorry to hear of your loss of a friend. My thoughts are with you.
Post a Comment