THE BLOGGERS PRAYER
Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck,
manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly -
all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house
and take care of my family.
Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life.
And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.
----
The Dust Bunny Hostage
14 comments:
Looks good to me. My daughter knew who it was and asked for a piece! Let's call it a day and go have coffee . . .
Your prayer on your sidebar is so cute. Especially the part about talking about your bloggy friends. The Calm One just doesn't get it.
Bless your sweet heart! I don't really like food magazines and cookbooks that show all that perfect food. I am suspicious that it is all fake!
My mom always made us fancy cakes. Never realized how much patience is required until I tried myself. Happy WW!
You make me laugh so hard! Bless your heart! You need to go to Walmart and buy some cake decorating tips. And you decorate with those. It is very time consuming but I promise it will look more like pooh!
I did my first pooh with the star shaped piping..and I remember I was so proud of it I didn't want to share or cut it so be careful of how good you get lol!
Have fun while your making a snowman..I mean pooh! gsg!
It takes some practice but use the star tip and get ready to get some fore arm muscles...not bad for a first attempt though. You will get it.
Decorating cakes is hard work. I've done worse.
Sorry your right I had to laugh. Not to bad for a first time though. Here's a few suggestions made with love. First off to help make your frosting smooth, get your spreader (I forget the darn word) and dip it into water while smoothing out your frosting. Draw the outline into the cake with a toothpick and then fill in the colors. use your frosting tips as well. Hope this helps.
hee, hee
I love it! I'm sure it tastes sooooo yummy!
I'm with the others on suggesting using tips...but beware of muscle cramps :)
Oh and I LOVE your prayer on the side too- I can so relate to it
:)
I'm glad I'm not the only one that giggled, but honestly it was more from your title and what Pebbles said!
I've never used star tips, but decorating tips do help. I just use ziplock bags with the tip cut off one corner then add the tip to the bag. Or if I'm in a real hurry I forget the tip and just use the bag with the corner cut off. I also use the toothpick technique described above.
Keep practicing, it does get easier! I've been doing it for 12 years and I get better each time. Though I am not even close to doing a professional type job, but its good enough for me and my loved ones!
Don't be so hard on yourself. I read on a cake decorating site somewhere that cake decorating shouldn't be stressful b/c icing is an easy medium to work with (you can always correct mistakes) and don't spend too much worry on it b/c it will all get eaten (isn't going to last forever) it gave me such peace of mind when I read that before decorating my daughter's first birthday cake.
:)
It may not be perfect, but I bet it is delicious!
But, as my children would say, you made it with LOVE and that makes it perfect!
Well, a cute pooh-ish snowman;)
Post a Comment