Saturday, February 28, 2009

CHURCH CHAT


Last Sunday at church we were talking about the day of judgement. There will come the day when we will stand before God and be judged for our time here on earth. It really made me realize that I still have some changes to make in my life and habits to break of judging.

Romans 14:10 But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you regard your brother with contempt? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God.

<< Matthew 7 >>

1 “Do not judge so that you will not be judged. 2 “For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

10 comments:

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

That is just simply beautiful and such a thoughtful post. Those are a couple of my very favorite verses.
Thank you Little Toes.....I wish people would remember these more often, don't you?

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Charactor molding is what i call this..good stuff.

nice pix!

Unknown said...

This is so true. We can so easily judge others for their actions and forget that it isn't our job. For we too will be judged.

Mental P Mama said...

Judging is a wonderful thing to explore--and let go of--during Lent. Thanks for this!

j said...

It is amazing. I think all of the preachers are preaching on the coming judgement (or reward for His own). I think everyone is looking for His return!!

Excellent post.

Muthering Heights said...

It's a tough one to break!

Shauna said...

I am new here! What a great blog :)

Unknown said...

Such a great reminder. We learned about toxic people today at church. I was sad to see that I had so many toxic characteristics in my own life.

Anonymous said...

Amen, sista!! Good stuff.

D... said...

You are right on! I'm doing better, but it's a tough one!





My Posse

THE BLOGGERS PRAYER

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck,
manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly -
all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house
and take care of my family.
Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life.
And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.
----The Dust Bunny Hostage



Thanks For Stopping By