Monday, January 19, 2009

Going to Be Hard

I had a stressful week and when I'm stressed I eat. I also eat when I'm...
Happy
Sad
Excited
Tired
Mad
Lonely
Bored...
you get the picture, right?!

I have however been eating a low sodium turkey wrap on flatbread with pita chips all week for lunch.
This has been a real eye opener for me on how addicted to food I really am. Worse than ever in my life.
I'll keep trying.

8 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

keep going, I have been eating healthier this week and it paid off. I lost about 6 pounds, probably water weight but still. One this I have gotten to eat that really makes me feel full and like I have actually eaten is this:

steamed veggies in cheese sauce about 45 calories a serving / grilled chicken and then whole wheat pasta

Unknown said...

Hang in there baby! It is all about changing habots that comfort us...I kept on telling myself that I will not let food have power over me...I have power over food.

I have had to find other activities to reduce stress and try to stay out of the kitchen as much as possible.

I STOCKED up on pre-packaged meals to train myself as to what is correct portioning.

It is a hard road that we stress eaters walk but YOU can do it.

I believe in you.

Maarlene

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

well I'm sure "this too shall pass"..and thanks so much for your sweet comment today!

I think you have the 80% 20% problem..like me!

80% of the time we make decisions on behavior.

20% by what we know (education)

so maybe we should just start reading every label first before ripping open the bag or twisting the lid..kwim?!

Good luck!

Unknown said...

I'm pulling for you. I'm not dieting, but am seriously contemplating cutting out as much sugar as possible in our diets. So, I will be making some big changes if I decide to go that route.

D... said...

Stay strong! I understand how hard it is because I eat during all those times, too. You can do it, tho!

Anonymous said...

You can do it! You can do it! YOU. CAN. DO. IT!!!!

Keep drinkin' that nasty water and you will see the pounds shedding off! :o}

Big Hair Envy said...

I'm so sorry to hear you are struggling so much with this. Feel free to email me anytime.....I can empathize with you. Food is definitely an addiction - one that I am also trying to break:/

Tammy said...

YOU CAN DO IT!

Heck, you clean your bathtub 4 times a week, that outta kick up your calories burned. :-)





My Posse

THE BLOGGERS PRAYER

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck,
manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly -
all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house
and take care of my family.
Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life.
And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.
----The Dust Bunny Hostage



Thanks For Stopping By