Friday, January 9, 2009

Afro or Mullet?

I'm thinking about cutting Pebbles hair! But, the only style she can have with her length is a mullet, right? I'll take any suggestions. Her hair is curly but fine...like mine. So it looks okay at first and then if a breeze comes along or she's in her car seat it's all over!


See it looks cute laying in little ringlets at first.

Here's the afro she has now:





We've even tried the "hip hop" look!


Awe, look how cute for church!


And within 5 minutes it's slid out some...grrrr!


Let me know what you think I should do.

13 comments:

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That's my thoughts..just wait it out and don't go scissor happy she still a baby and if you just can't handle it..by some cute lil'hats..and spray gel those curls!

JMHO!

Unknown said...

I agree...wait it out.

I went through this so many times with my girls.

Put a pony on top of her Pebblicious head with a cute little bow clip in front. Some of the back hair will fall out but it will still be cute....I called it half up/half down.

Get spray detangler for little one's...buy lots.

Spritz her little head with a little, very little amount of Miracle 8 oil...you can buy it at beauty supply stores in the ethnic section.

I am from Italian/eastern European decent and have lived with curls my whole life...they started out like your baby's and got more curly from there.

Any questions...let me know, but do not cut it, once it gets some more weight it will settle a bit.

There are some great kid's bed head products.

Marlene

littletoesandcheerios said...

Thanks ladies! My Mom will love you two for saying NO! LOL

j said...

Oh No. Please don't cut the curls. Keep that little angel in some heavy duty humidity and leave those curls alone!!

(I want Momma to love me too)

littletoesandcheerios said...

Momma's gonna love ya Jennifer!

Muthering Heights said...

Sorry, we're also 'frollet sufferers here, so I have not advice to give!

Tammy said...

I have a special place in my heart for the mullet...since it was my do for 3/4 of the 80's. Ahem, but I think you should wait the hair out and then learn to work with it.

(all this coming from a girl who has had the same hairdo for the last 10 years)

Unknown said...

I have to agree with everyone above. Lauren has the same type of hair. Now that she is older it has grown out to below her shoulders and seems to behave some what better. I use detangler and that seems to settle some of the frizzies. The only part of her hair I have cut in 2 1/2 years are her bangs.

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

Seems like you got a lot of good advice... I agree with the rest... wait it out... I know it is tough. We've had many hair issues with our girls here at the circus!

D... said...

I did not have that problem so I'm not sure what advice to give you. I think her hair is adorable but I can see how it could be hard on you, her mother.

Jennifer said...

My cousin has very curly hair and has since the day she was born. Her mom always used spray gel and a pick. She never brushed or combed much unless it was really tangled. It will grow and be absolutely beautiful! One thing you can look at is if she has any of the baby fine hairs left. Even though my girl has pretty straight hair, it made a big difference when I clipped that off. Not a haircut necessarily, just the baby fines.

Anonymous said...

I love her hair as it is.

Her cousin just cut hers off.... above the shoulders. (Never let a 15 yr old go to the mall without an adult.....)

Anonymous said...

I concur!!! Keep the ringlets.. keep the fro!





My Posse

THE BLOGGERS PRAYER

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck,
manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly -
all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house
and take care of my family.
Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life.
And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.
----The Dust Bunny Hostage



Thanks For Stopping By