
If there's one thing I have never cared for it's exercise! I have always hated to sweat, lol! Seriously I was not one to play sports in school or anything like that. And although now as an adult I am not way overweight, I do get VERY chunky from not using my muscles enough and bad eating habits. I am fortunate to have a good metabolism and no health issues other than arthritis. The food choices I make I should weigh a whole lot more.
In 2009 I came to a realization that I had lost part of identity. I was letting myself go, dressing frumpy, not taking good enough care of myself by being busy taking care of others.That summer I began walking for an hour daily in the hot sun and lost 26 lbs. I kept the weight off until Dec. of 2010 where I have put back on 13 lbs. I now live in a location that's not the greatest for walking and I know that I will NOT stick with a treadmill or any other gym type routine.
Zumba has hit big in our area and a lot of woman have told me I should give it a try. So I did!! And I was a little apprehensive about it not knowing if I could keep up. It's something you do at your own pace really. If you want to be real enthusiastic about it you can or you can ease into the moves and in time get them down. It's a dance mixture of hip hop, salsa/samba, belly dancing and more! I wish I could do it every day! I absolutely love it and have felt more energized since I started. I wish everyone would go and give it a try...it's very addictive and if I can do it YOU can do it! =)



1 comment:
what a great encouraging post..I could feel the excitement you are sharing!
I've tried it and like it..but..the instructor was someone I don't care to be around...long story short..I live in a small town, and the teacher at my gym is a girl I knew in HS who hated me..big time..cause her boyfriend dumped her..for me.
it was the past..but she is not one I would ever trust.
anyways if I find another instr..I would do it again too!
for now there's other stuff whipping my butt!
KEEP IT UP!!!
Post a Comment