Bev one of our Pastor's wives is a breast cancer survivor.

At a time where a girl should be thinking about marriage and college my friend Nikki lost her Mother to leukemia.
My brother in law lost his nephew Kenny this year who had a LONG battle and gave a good fight to leukemia.

Our niece Emily had leukemia at just three years old and thankfully is a strong healthy woman today and a true follower of Jesus Christ.
Both of my Mother & Father in law are cancer survivors.
My Mom had a scare several years back with a mass she had removed on her breast.
We are very blessed that news came back benign, but we had that awful feeling of "what if" and intensely waited while she was in surgery.
There are so many more who have survived or we have lost to cancer.
Please click HERE for more information and stories.

Sometimes we feel helpless and angry not knowing what to do. Lets keep hoping, fighting, running, raising money and most of all PRAYING for a cure.



4 comments:
So many wonderful people that you talked about. I hope they find a cure soon.
You are so right about that "what if" feeling. I had a mole removed from my belly a few years ago. The fear that I felt for those days until I heard that it wasn't anything life threatening was unforgettable.
Thank you for honoring those fighters in your life who have been touched by cancer. It's a great thing to help spread awareness. Thank you for joining Party in Pink!
By the way, I LOVE the picture of your little girl in her polka-dot raincoat.
-FringeGirl
My wife is a breast cancer survivor. I urge everyone to please please "Feel your boobies!" and don't hesitate to have anything you find unusual looked at by a doctor.
I am so proud to be a woman when I hear others like yourself speak!
Great post.
Debbie
Post a Comment