Tuesday, March 10, 2009

MY LITTLE GENIUS

















A couple of months ago I took Pebbles to the Dr. for her vaccinations. She was late on them and the Dr's office told me it was my responsibility to know when she gets them. I don't even know what half of them are, and definitely don't know the dates. Needless to say, the Dr. apologized.
Pebbles' pediatrician has been very booked up so she saw his new associate. I liked her a lot. She took a lot of time with Pebbles and made her feel comfortable. As she was examining her Pebbles was talking up a storm. So she (the Dr.) turned to me and said, "she's very bright you know" I told her that I tend to think so. She looked at my Mom and giggled and said, "she has nothing to compare it to does she"? She continued to tell me that most kids her age cannot talk that well and/or form sentences. She said' "I can understand every word she says". Now keep in mind the Pebbles was LATE for her shots. Finally she looked me right in the eye and said "I'm telling you she is very advanced for her age". I must admit I was starting to get excited. Then she said, "Very advanced for 15 months old"! I said, "UH, she's 20 months old...just late on her shots"!!! She tried to save face and tell me she is still doing amazing for her age, but all I could do at this point was laugh inside.

Seriously though she is doing incredibly well. She pronounces a word right 95% of the time on her first try and says a lot of sentences. I am extremely proud of her.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Start saving for college RIGHT NOW!!!

Unknown said...

I still think she is doing well if she can pronounce all those words at only 20 months : ). Of course 15 months would be a little more impressive, but who cares : )? I probably would have just pretended she was 15 months.

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Thank goodness you aren't one of those biased kinds of Mom's, lol.
Give lil Miss Smarty a hug from Georgia would you? What a cutie-pie she is :)

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Happy said...

Oh, that is too funny.

Don't tell anyone but right now Caroline is a tad behind on her shots too. I need to get her in for an 18mos check up and Noah for his 3 year checkup...just as soon as I can figure out which day I won't lose my every loving mind taking them both together.

That is so cool that Pebbles is a good talker. That is our area of frusteration with Noah. I understand about 5% of what he says.

Good job Pebbles!

Anonymous said...

Every mom thinks hers is the brightest, huh?? You SHOULD be proud!

Way to go, Pebbles!

Anonymous said...

Every mom thinks hers is the brightest, huh?? You SHOULD be proud!

Way to go, Pebbles!

Debbie said...

Mine were very verbal at an early age. Of course, they were unable to walk for the longest time:)

Big Hair Envy said...

That little Pebbles IS amazing!!! And she's also cute as a button:)

I was talking to someone the other day, and I told her that (without looking at the baby book) I don't have the slightest idea when Snow White talked, walked or peed! My point? It doesn't matter WHEN your child does those things, as long as she eventually DOES them!!!

Unknown said...

I love it when they start chattering up a storm! It sounds like Pebbles is doing a great job! I wouldn't worry too much about the shots. We were never on time with ours. I just kind of set my own pace. I hated that they wanted to give 3 or 4 at a time. Way too much gunk being put into a little ones body at a time if you ask me. Oh, but, I guess you didn't, I just gave you my two cents worth anyway!

Jennifer said...

She is doing great, especially if she is pronouncing the words right. And don't worry about the shots...I hate to inform the doctors but keeping track of what they need and giving me the info. ahead of time is why they get paid the big bucks. I'm all about being informed, but how is a mom supposed to know unless someone gives her info. to begin with. I had no clue with my first one...I was a little more in the know with the second.

D... said...

Yay Pebbles, again!!! My daughter was verbal at 7mths old and now she's the quietest thing. My son didn't truly talk until almost 3. Now we can't keep him quiet! Also, my daughter was talking well before she was a year. Now she's not a bundle of energy. My son didn't walk until his 1st birthday. Now we can't keep him still. Go figure.





My Posse

THE BLOGGERS PRAYER

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck,
manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly -
all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house
and take care of my family.
Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life.
And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.
----The Dust Bunny Hostage



Thanks For Stopping By