Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Bible Tells Me So

I have been trying to teach Pebbles a little bit about Jesus lately and it's kinda tricky to teach a 2 year old when a lot of adults don't even understand. So I figure some videos is the best way to go for now. As I posted a while back, she sings this sweet song at the beginning of the video.
We sing: I know Jesus Loves me, 'cause the Bible tells me so. So, now she thinks this is Jesus:

She gets all excited and yells "Jesus, Jesus" when he walks out!


And says "HI".



Well, I guess that's close enough for now.


And this is Moses with the wild hair. Or as Pebbles calls him Buses!


We'll get there.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Nannie used to ask me in church, VERY LOUDLY...

"MOMmmm meeee, but WHO is HAROLD?"

Me: "What are you talking about?"

Nannie: "Ya know, Harold be THY name?"

Then during Children's Sermon, the preacher asked the kids how do they pray, and my adorable son said, "You go to www.God.com".

Out of the mouths of babes, but evenutally they do get it.

Peebles is so cute.

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Oh my.......your blog is fantastic!!
Your little one is precious. Your pup is a lil dream and I love the tie ins with the Bible :)
Please visit me at my blog when you have a moment or so......

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Treasia Stepp said...

Pebbles will get it one day. It's never to early to teach is it? I just loved this post. When my daughter was very little she used to sing "Bringing in the Sheets". It was just to funny.

Big Hair Envy said...

"Jesus" and "Moses" look a bit different these days....did they hire a stylist?? Heehee!

You asked about recipes? Check out http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/ It's a fantastic resource. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

So cute! At two they have a hard time grasping the whole idea, but she will understand better as she gets older. I think it is great that you are starting it right now, though. So, keep at it!

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

Keep at it girlie. She will get it!

Valarie Lea said...

awww that is so cute!

Mental P Mama said...

Too cute. Jesus is looking a little Spongebob-ish. I used to think any man in sandals was a Disciple;)

Anonymous said...

This is such a sweet story! You are a great mommy!

Tammy said...

I love it!

It was our turn to keep the nursery at church the other day and we had 3-5 year olds. It was SO precious to hear some of them talk about the Bible story and the words they used and their enthusiasm.

If we all had that much excitement and enthusiasm about the Bible.

j said...

That is WONDERFUL! Truly wonderful!





My Posse

THE BLOGGERS PRAYER

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck,
manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly -
all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house
and take care of my family.
Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life.
And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.
----The Dust Bunny Hostage



Thanks For Stopping By