Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Birthday Letter


I have decided from now on I am going to write Pebbles a letter each year on her Birthday. This we be a special thing just between us. Then when she's around 18 or maybe 16 I will give them to her. I plan to write or type it on pretty paper, roll it and tie it with a ribbon/flower around it.
I will tell her certain milestones she has accomplished this year and how when she says a word for the first time she usually says it accurately. How cute it was and excited we were watching her go from crawling to walking, etc. And of course how proud we are and what a blessing and gift from God she is.
Walmart has these little clear plastic caboodles that I thought about using to keep the letters in.
Do you all have any suggestions for a box or something I could keep them in?







With my "momnesia" I just hope I remember to give them to her!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

What a sweet idea...maybe a smaller hope chest so you can include the little drawings, school report cards, and things from her life to save for her as well as the letters.

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Sounds like a plan!

D... said...

What an excellent idea! I wish I had thought about it back when mine were babies.

You can decorate the clear caboodle. :)

Mental P Mama said...

That is a wonderful idea! She will treasure them.

Treasia Stepp said...

I wish I had thought of that many years ago when mine were babies. That's a wonderfully sweet idea. she will love it.

You might check places like craft stores such as Hobby Lobby (if you have them in your area) and see what type of containers they have. Or better yet buy one you can decorate yourself.

Unknown said...

I think the letter writing is a great idea. It will be something she will treasure.

Jennifer said...

I made some photo boxes for my mom and mother-in-law. This idea isn't original with me, I stole it from Patty Arrick. They loved them! I got a pretty colored, plain photo box at Wal-Mart then put pictures of Ben and Anna Kate on the top of them with Modge Podge (also from Wal-Mart and I think that's how you spell it...) Just an idea if you want to put some baby pictures on it.

j said...

What a beautiful idea. Michael's carries really pretty photo boxes and they have a coupon in the Sunday paper usually ( normally 40% off of one item ).

BlueCastle said...

That's such a lovely idea. Your daughter will treasure those letters. So sweet.

Thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

Tammy said...

So sweet and I guess I am 7 years behind! :-)

Anonymous said...

So sweet!

I love to make memories!

Jesica said...

That is a great idea! I think I may have to steal it, but I am not sure a boy would think they were quite as special. You could always write them in a really beautiful journal, then they would all be in one place.

j said...

SEND ME AN INVITE ON FACEBOOK! I WANNA BE YOUR FRIEND!!

I am listed as Jen Dustbunnyhostage.

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

This is a beautiful idea Wilma. I am sure Pebble will cherish this forever. Will Fred be writing her as well? My friend and her husband each write a letter to their daughter on her birthday. I guess even though I am late, I could still start with mine. Thanks for the inspiration. One idea, if you don't find the box you want is to put them all in a scrapbook for her and give her the book on that special day.

Big Hair Envy said...

What a neat idea! I'm sure Pebbles will read them over and over when she is older:)





My Posse

THE BLOGGERS PRAYER

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck,
manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly -
all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house
and take care of my family.
Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life.
And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.
----The Dust Bunny Hostage



Thanks For Stopping By