Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thinking Deep

As I sit her tonight at 11pm the house is extremely quiet. My husband is at the ER with my FIL. He has went by ambulance to the hospital twice today. Once for a fractured (?) rib where he fell 2 days ago and now for chest pains. I won't go into all of his health issues, but here's the low down:
Pace Maker/atrial fib, kidney failure/dialysis 3 Xs a week, COPD, stent, blocked carotid artery, a few mini-strokes and bleeding ulcers on occasion.

He's changed drastically within the last year and seems to be in and out of the hospital a lot for these problems. We were always used to him being the leader of the family and coming to him for advice or help with problems we might have. It has me down today and thinking of the "circle of life". A couple of years back I heard my MIL say "We are the old ones now" not long after her parents passed away. And that's true and must feel well...a little scary and depressing. I try to stay positive and think of it from a Christian view, but it hard when we are selfish with our loved ones. My FIL is the most selfless person I've ever met in my life. He ALWAYS puts others first. He is so kind, never meets a stranger and one of the most generous guys around. He mentioned the other day how he hopes he will be around to see "Pebbles" turn at least 13. I pray about this often. She's at the beginning of her life and he's at the opposite end.

**Please, say a prayer for my FIL Luther.

Here are some pictures of him on his wedding day, with his family and wearing a viking hat to make his grandchildren laugh! I bet the day he got married he had no idea about the family he would have that would love him so very much...like me.



9 comments:

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

I'm sorry..I hope everything works out and that no matter what you all remember God's plan is to one day take us all home!

Have peace~

Happy Mommy said...

Wilma! I just talked to Aunt Jan 2 days ago she said nothing about Uncle Luther falling! I am praying! I share a birthday with Uncle Luther.... He is a wonderful man!

Valarie Lea said...

I am so sorry, your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Happy said...

I'm sorry too. I hope you have better news to report soon.

(Really enjoyed your senior pics...classic.)

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

How is your FIL? I am sorry I didn't see this post until Friday. I did say a prayer for him though and I hope he is doing better.

Anonymous said...

The diagnosis this time is a urinarty tract infection.... they said he had it a while and it has become "systemic". I have no idea what that means. The doc said that the infection could make him more weak than usual...... which could be the cause of the recent falls.

littletoesandcheerios said...

I think that means it has spead thoughout his system? Not sure. He has really been through a lot this last year.

D... said...

Hugs & prayers for you & yours. How is he today?

Big Hair Envy said...

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers this weekend. Your FIL is adorable! I hope he will be feeling better soon:)

My grandmother suffered from chronic UTI's. The docs were so good at treating her, but she was in so much pain when they would reoccur.





My Posse

THE BLOGGERS PRAYER

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck,
manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly -
all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house
and take care of my family.
Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life.
And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.
----The Dust Bunny Hostage



Thanks For Stopping By