Monday, December 8, 2008

Tackle it Tuesday...Hanging of the Greens

Well, we finally got some of our decorations done! This was a big tackle this year for me because I didn't know where half of this stuff was and I had a pulled muscle in my neck! But, I love this time of year and wouldn't let anything stop me from enjoying it.

It's not nearly as much as I normally put out, but it's good enough for this year.







Around the fourth century, Christmas became part of the Christian calendar and by the year 336, December 25 was generally established as the date of Jesus' birth. Soon afterwards, church leaders began to feel the need for a period of preparation leading up to the actual celebration of the Christ Child's birth - thus we have the Advent season.
The observance of the Hanging of the Greens is an old English custom of decorating one's home with evergreens and other festive trappings for Advent and Christmas.


Please visit 5 minutes for mom for more great tackles!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your FIL is home and recovering. Thoughts and prayers still headed that way.

Lovely and festive pictures!! I love the tree. Is it blue, silver and white???

A Christian Mom said...

Lovely decorations! Great tackle!

Hudson t. Webber said...

Thanks for linking to Tackle it Tuesday. Nice job on the Christmas decorations. Cute blog theme: Flintstones!

Jena Webber said...

That above comment was from me. Oh blogginess with a big family.

Susie said...

What a great and beautiful tackle:-)

Big Hair Envy said...

SO pretty!!! All of the boxes have been hauled out of the attic, but I just can't find the gumption to get started decorating:(

Lynne said...

Beautiful job! Everything looks so nice! I also got my decorating finished for my tackle. :-D

The Sewing Mom

Unknown said...

Sorry I haven't commented on the last couple of your posts. Life got crazy around here! I have read them. Glad you FIL is doing better. Your decorating looks very festive!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful decorations!

Muthering Heights said...

Everything looks very pretty!





My Posse

THE BLOGGERS PRAYER

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck,
manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly -
all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house
and take care of my family.
Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life.
And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.
----The Dust Bunny Hostage



Thanks For Stopping By