Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Afternoon

We went to my Mom's house after we opened our presents at home. This was our first time having Christmas in her new home and it was nice to just drive a few streets over vs 2 1/2 hours. Her home is so warm and cozy with a country style charm.

There's my reflection in the mirror and HAAAAA there's my senior pic on the wall...Big Hair Envy will love that!



Pebbles was so hyper she would not even stay still to open her presents!



She did however wear her Santa hat for a few seconds so we could get a photo of her and Grandma.


And no, there's wasn't an earthquake that day...just my STUPID camera!! Did I ever want to throw it out the window! My brother, SIL and niece Savannah.




She finally settled down to play with a few presents.


And Savannah got one of those Twilight Hoodies!! See the smile? Hard to get a 14 year old to do that, ya know?!

We had such a great day together, it's funny how we wait and wait and then it's over soooooo fast, isn't it?! I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas with your families too.

9 comments:

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Love your mom's country nook..so cozy indeed!
Pebbles looks like she was eatin it all up how fun for her!

And the camara's always pick the worst times to "mess up"...seriously!

Good shots!! Thanks for sharing!

Simple Midwest Mom said...

Pebbles is sooo cute in that little Santa dress, just adorable! I know it's not up tp me to decide but sometimes I think it would be so fun if the baby is a girl so I can dress her up in cute little things like that! I've been warned though that doing dress up is fun but girls come with a long instruction manual, he he! BTW, it's a little town about 20 miles north of Columbus. I also have an Aunt & Uncle who live an hour NW of Columbus

Unknown said...

Love the picture on the header! How adorable! My mom and dad live just around the corner from us and we love it, too. It is so nice to have them close.

D... said...

You are so right. That's why Christmas Eve is actually my favorite.

I'm glad ya'll had such a lovely Christmas with Pebbles and family.

Big Hair Envy said...

Your mom's place is just adorable! It looks like everyone had a wonderful visit:)

I think your senior photo MAKES that room. One of my resolutions for next year is to singlehandedly bring big hair back. Do you think all of us old ladies will look HAWT rockin' the '80's 'do? Bwahahahaha!

Stef Layton said...

looks like it was a very fun and beautiful day!!

Anonymous said...

Precious pics, Wilma!

Your mom's house does look charming. And you are right about the drive... it's always best to go a few streets over.

What did Fred think of his gift?? :)

Muthering Heights said...

My girls wore the same dress at Pebbles on Christmas day! :)

Totallyscrappy said...

A delightful Christmas! Have a Blessed New Year!





My Posse

THE BLOGGERS PRAYER

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck,
manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly -
all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house
and take care of my family.
Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life.
And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.
----The Dust Bunny Hostage



Thanks For Stopping By