Monday, November 17, 2008

Making Memories


I got the call last night from my MIL Janice that Pebbles is invited to come on Dec. 6th and help decorate her big tree!! I believe it was my niece Emily's idea to have her join in with her cousins for the Christmas fun. They also want her to help make ( a royal mess) some cookies! I can't wait!
The photo above is the room where I spend my Christmas Eve evenings drinking strawberry punch, eating ham, veggies & dip,opening gifts and listen to my nieces sing.

What are some of your favorite memories or traditions with your kids?

9 comments:

Twice Blessed said...

I love and miss going to Aunt Jan's on Christmas Eve. We always have so much fun there. Glad to hear that Pebbles is included in the Christmas tradition fun this year.

Big Hair Envy said...

Ooohhh! That sounds like fun!

We do quite a bit of baking around the holidays. It's never the same type of cookie or candy, because we always want to try new things from year to year!

Another tradition is watching "Christmas Vacation" while decorating the tree. It makes us feel a little less dysfunctional:)

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

We like to cut our own tree down as a family and decorate it together. We also like to make and decorate a gingerbread house at Christmas time. Those are two new traditions my hubby and I have started doing with the kids.

We also have a birthday cake for Jesus, and we do an advent calendar the month of December in which we read through Luke 2 as we tell the Christmas story each night throughout the month.

Valarie Lea said...

Doing Christmas morning at my in-laws, after we have already opened presents at our house.

Anonymous said...

You are making me think!! I get confused with all his Fred, Wilma and Pebble talk! :)

I love traditions! We really have no set tradition because we never know where we will be during Christmas due to traveling. I need to work on this.

Happy Mommy said...

I really miss getting together with all of you for Christmas Eve! Aunt Jan's tree is an inspiration to all who see it! She has such a beautiful home!
We always decorate our tree the weekend after halloween and we watch Charlie Brown and the Grinch while we drink egg nog and eat cookies, I am very hokie and love traditions!

D... said...

Ok. loving your sidebar, especially your wedding pic!

When my brother & I were younger, my mom, aunts, & uncles would take us to the movies on Christmas Eve to entertain us. And give my grandmother some peace & quiet. ;) I have carried on that one with my children.

Muthering Heights said...

How exciting for Pebbles to be inc=vited to join in the tradition!

Unknown said...

Gee. I guess I hang out with the Flinstones?
After we have our BIG extended family Christmas Eve, my little family (it was the 7 of us, and now it's down to 5) has a very late night quiet gift exchange.

Last year Katie got to join us from China thanks to Emily setting it up on the computer.





My Posse

THE BLOGGERS PRAYER

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck,
manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly -
all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house
and take care of my family.
Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life.
And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.
----The Dust Bunny Hostage



Thanks For Stopping By