Breakfast Casserole
1 Tube of sausage, browned and drained. ( We like Jimmy Dean regular)
1 Can Crescent rolls (Pillsbury original, our preference)
5 eggs, beaten.
3/4 cup milk
2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.
Butter a 9x13 pan and unroll the crescent rolls in it, pressing the seams together (it forms a big rectangle)
Layer the sausage on the rolls
Sprinkle the cheese over the sausage
Mix the eggs and milk and pour them all over the top of the cheese. You might want to tip the pan to make sure they are distributed well.
Bake at 375 degrees until the eggs are "set" (not runny) and the cheese is melted and cook for 20 minutes or until egg is thoroughly cooked.
And thanks to Valarie for the beautiful ornament ideas. I think my mom & I are going to attempt to make some soon and if we do I'll post pics of them. And a big thanks to D for giving me this idea-
I am going to fix a Birthday cake on Christmas Day and that evening Daddy, Baby and I will have our cake, share some scripture with Baby and explain to her the true meaning of Christmas. It will be a family tradition of ours to sit down for a quiet evening and eat the cake together after all the gifts have been opened and loved ones are gone.
My only problem is now I need an easy (can be a mix based cake) delicious cake recipe.
I need your help!
***The Radiologist told my mother that he's not 100% sure but pretty confident that the places on her breasts are calcium deposits and that's what caused her mammogram abnormality.
Thank you all so very much for your prayers.



4 comments:
We do a birthday cake for Jesus every year too... and it is also typically in the evening with just our crew... we have the streamers, paper plates, and party napkins too. I want them to get that the day truly is about Jesus and His birth.
As for recipes.... I typically do a box only b/c at Christmas I am all about keeping things easy to avoid the stress and enjoy the moments with the kids. I will have to look for a recipe I've had in the past that has the cake as red, the icing white... different colors which symbolize Christ and what He did on the cross. As Madi gets older you can use those as points for discussing.
Last year when my son was 3 a SS teacher told them about candy canes and how they are shaped like a J and the red is for Christ's blood and the white is for His purity and how his blood makes us pure. Today we saw candy canes at the store and my son pointed to them and told me all about what it means and what Christ did for us on the cross...aloud for all to hear at the grocery store. Praise the Lord!
I am so thankful to hear the good report on your mom!!
Awesome news for your family! Praise God that your mom got good news.
I'm glad to help you out with a new tradition!
Your mother is in our thoughts.
Thank goodness about your Mothers results :)
Post a Comment